Sunday, May 2, 2010

Gender Reveal Party!

We had our "Gender Reveal Party" last night and it was so much fun! I went to the doctor on Thursday and had the ultrasound technician call my "cake girl" and tell her the sex of our baby. Then she made a cake that was either pink or blue in the center and we met for dinner Saturday night with family and friends to cut the cake. It was so hard waiting for 2 days, but definitely worth it. It was so exciting sharing the news with everyone at the same time! The cake was beautiful and my Mom made little tags so everyone could pick whether they thought it was a girl or a boy. Harleigh and I were on "Team Lakyn" and Josh and Trey were on "Team Cain". Mommy, Daddy, Big Brother & Big Sister!



Are we getting a Lakyn Hope?




Or a Cain Joshua?


Waiting to see if "Our Little Gift From God" is a girl or a boy...



We are so excited about our little girl on the way. Funny how God knows just what you need!


Lakyn's First of many tutu's, I'm sure!


The party was so awesome! It was really special for Josh and me to have all of our family and friends there who have stood by us through so much! The past year has been really hard, and we are so thankful for all of your love and support. I am so excited about preparing for Lakyn's arrival and seeing what our future holds! :)



"Hope" is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. And sings the tune without words, and never stops- at all.


-Emily Dickinson



3 comments:

Angel's Mummy said...

how so very beautiful. i am reduced to tears, so very very special xx

Queen Bee said...

Aww, congrats!! I wish I had some tutu's around here!!

Alyssa said...

Such a cute and creative way to find out the baby's sex...congrats!!!

Post a Comment