Monday, October 4, 2010

Lakyn's Birth Story

I finally have a few extra minutes and figured I would blog about the day that our Precious Lakyn was born... I was scheduled to be induced on Wednesday September 8th. Dr. R told me to call Labor and Delivery that morning at 5 am and the nurses would tell me what time to be there.
I think I probably slept two hours total Tuesday night. I was very excited! :) I was up at 4 and in the shower. I called L&D a little before 5 (I couldn't wait!) The nurse told me to be there at 7:30. So, I called our Mom's and woke Josh up.
We arrived to the hospital at 7:15 and met our nurse. Her name was Sandy and she was sooooo awesome, we just loved her! She started the pitocin around 9 and I had to wait until the bag finished to get the epidural. My Mom came and her, Josh and I just hung out... waiting patiently!
Until the real fun began... the hard contractions. Thank goodness I only had them for about 45 minutes and the 1st bag of pitocin was done so they called the anesthesiologist and I got an epidural. BTW... God bless the person who made that drug! It's awesome! LOL!


Josh's mom got there not long after that and we started "The Great Name Debate"
We wanted to name her Lakyn Hope since she was our "Hope Baby" since losing Maeson. But then she would be the only one of our kids without a family name. So we ruled it out and decided she would be our "Hope Baby" whether it was in her name or not. The next choice was Mae, Josh's Grannie's middle name. We decided against it because we already named Maeson after her. So the name we chose is DeAnn, it's my middle name and a variation of my Dad and both of my brother's middle name which is Dean. I love her name and love that she is named after her Momma's side of the family! :)


Once I got the epidural it was smooth sailing! The nurse would come in and change out my IV bags, check me, and chit chat every few hours. We all just had fun hanging out and waiting for Lakyn. My step-dad and my brother Coby came too. It was nice not having a huge crowd and being able to really enjoy the experience.
Finally at about 3:30, Sandy checked me and said I was a 9. I immediatly started feeling the urge to push. I told her to call Dr. R immediatly. He told her he was busy and to see if I could wait. Yep, that's right I was asked to WAIT! Sandy came back and saw for herself that there was no waiting, so she called him and said, "You need to get here, NOW!" LOL
Dr. R got to the room and suited up, and 5 minutes later Lakyn DeAnn made her Grand Entrace.

She was born on September 8th, 2010 at 4:13pm. She weighed 8 pounds 1 ounce and was 21 1/4 inches long.


She has lots of dark hair and really long eyelashes! She has her Daddy's hairline and eyes, and her Mommy's olive complection and lips.



We were so proud to finally have our healthy baby girl in our arms!



Harleigh loves her baby sister so much and wants to hold her every day.




Trey loves to give her soft kisses and is always checking on her and talking to her!


We are enjoying our Precious girl so much. I feel so blessed to have such beautiful healthy children and a husband who loves us so much and takes such good care of us. Time is flying by and I am very busy with the these three small kids, but I'm making a point to soak it up and enjoy every moment. God is good!






0 comments:

Post a Comment