Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We had a very eventful Thanksgiving this year! Harleigh got out of school at 1:10 the Tuesday before Turkey Day, so we picked her up and headed straight to Carthage. Josh's Grannie moved there last year and his cousins live there too, so we stayed with them and all went to Grannie's for Thanksgiving. His cousin has a little boy is 4 1/2 and he gets along so good with Harleigh and Trey. We had so much fun staying with them, I wish I had taken some pictures. I have noticed that the more kids I have, the less pictures I take. ha!

Lakyn was so good! Here is her Nan, Josh's Mom, holding her. She had the cutest little turkey dress on and afterwards she wore a onesie that said, "I'm Stuffed!" Too cute!
Yes, she is that fat! And I love it!!! lol! The day after Thanksgiving we went to Lubbock with some of Josh's other cousins, Downey and Melissa. It was a LONG trip but so worth it! They are so good about coming to see us anytime they can and I'm glad we finally made a trip up there to visit.

We had a great time laughing, talking, and catching up. Josh and the other guys were at the Ranch on Friday and Saturday. So on Saturday, I drug Melissa and Mackenzie around all day looking for the girls' Christmas dresses at every Boutique in Lubbock, and we finally found them at Dillards :) They were both so sweet and understanding about the kids and they helped me so much! We ended up at Chick fil A and the kids had a blast! They traded in their toy for an ice cream, I had no idea you could do that. They were so excited! The next day the guys came home and we went bowling at Main Event. We had a ton of fun and we will definitely be taking the kids bowling again very soon.
Monday morning Josh, the kids, and I headed toward Amarillo to see the Palo Duro Canyon. It was sooooo neat! Trey was too afraid to sit on the edge so I only got a picture of Harleigh. She loves this Eskimo jacket and refuses to take the hood off.

Here they are in front of the museum. This creepy cowboy had a motion sensor and when you got close, he would give you a little intro about the museum. They were afraid at first, and then they kept trying to talk to him. It was so funny!

So, we survived our first one week vacation as a family of five. We had so much fun, but I sure am glad to be at home and not living out suitcases. I think we will stay put for a little while :)


Post a Comment