Monday, August 23, 2010

Little Miss Kindergarten

Today is the day. The day we have all been talking about for so long! Our 1st baby started Kindergarten. It is a very surreal feeling that will probably take all week to sink in. But I'm excited for her!


She started off the morning with a phone call from her cousin, Kenzi. Today was her first day of 1st grade, so she knows all about the big K! She was telling Harleigh what to expect and Harleigh didn't know what to think, ha!

Here she is posing in her 1st day outfit. I tried to keep it pretty simple, and sweet. I told myself and everyone else I was going to put the big bows away when she went to school, but I just can't help it. And she doesn't care so she will wear them until she does! ha! I wanted her to carry her matching lunch box, but of course she wanted the Minnie Mouse one. Pick your battles, right?


Trey wanted to take some pictures with us too! He was very sad today. He misses Harleigh and keeps saying, "Mommy, Harleigh is at school. But what's her doing? I miss her!" This is going to be a long week, but hopefully he will adjust!


Mimi came to see Harleigh off to her 1st day and it really helped me out having her here. She was able to help me with Trey so I could concentrate on Harleigh.

Her teacher gave each child's parent a heart sticker to give to their son/daughter. She said she had a book to go along with it that explains that when Mommy & Daddy aren't with you, they are always thinking about you and missing you. She said it really helps them with the seperation and adjustment of going to school. I thought this was soooo adorable! I gave Harleigh her heart this morning while I fixed her hair and told her all about how it was our special heart. Then she said, "Mommy, when you get sad today, and you miss me, you can look at some pictures of me, okay?" Sweet girl, melts my heart! :)

She was very brave this morning until it was time for me to leave and then she lost it. I calmed her down pretty quickly and she asked if I would get her special heart out of her back pack because she already missed me. sigh! This was harder than I thought, I can't wait to pick up my baby from her 1st day of school!

1 comments:

Ciressa said...

Awe!!! So sweet. I love the pictures! Mackenzie will start Kindergarten next year, and its going to be super hard for me to let her go!!

Post a Comment