Tuesday, July 13, 2010

GSP

The Saturday before 4th of July, we loaded up the camper and headed West to Garner State Park. This was our second year to spend the 4th on the Frio River and we plan to do it every year. We actually stay at a campground across the river from Garner. Last year the river was low, so we hung out at the campground and swam every day. But this year we had two good days of rain, so we took the kids tubing for the first time. They loved it and did awesome! I got out and walked a few times so I could be extra careful for the baby, but they went down every rapid and most of them twice! Here is a picture of our little River Rats headed down to the water to swim. Going camping and floating the river is something I grew up doing, and it's so neat for me to share that childhood memory with my own kids. We can't wait until next year when Lakyn will be with us!


1 comments:

Moose and MiMi said...

Those were some incredible trips we had to "Garner State Park" as Miss Harleigh says it, weren't they? I am thinking that since Lakyn Hope will only be 10 months old next year you might need the MiMi to go to help out! I'm just sayin'!! I am glad y'all had such an awesome time! The pictures are great!

Post a Comment